UNIX is simple. But It just needs a genius to understand its simplicity.
Before software can be reusable, it first has to be usable.
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
It's hard enough to find an error in your code when you're looking for it;
It's even harder when you've assumed your code is error-free.
-- Steve McConnell Code Complete
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are sure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
This is the best 1.....
If debugging is the process of removing bugs,
Then programming must be the process of putting them in.
You can either have software quality or you can have pointer arithmetic;
You cannot have both at the same time.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third works.
--Alan J. Perlis
Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.
The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time.
The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time.
Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better idiot-proof programs.
The Universe is trying to create bigger and better idiots.
So far the Universe is winning.
Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work.
Practice is when something works, but you don't know why it works.
Programmers combine Theory and Practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
The Six Phases of a Project:
· Search for the Guilty
· Punishment of the Innocent
· Praise for non-participants
Last but not least ! ....
No matter how slick (efficient) the demo is in rehearsal,
When you do it in front of a live audience
The probability of a flawless presentation
Is inversely proportional to the number of people watching,
Raised to the power of the amount of money involved